Monday 26 March 2012

The Half a Century cake


Here is the cake I made my mum for her 50th birthday. I have never decorated any cakes previously to this. I was inspired to make one for her as she has always made one for me each birthday. She is so amazing and creative that I’m happy to say I get all of my creative merit from her.

The cake took me a whole day to decorate as I wanted it to look perfect. I wanted to show her how much I appreciate her doing it for me every year, however it was a very impromptu creation. First I started with a rose pattern out of cream icing but this did not stick to the two marble cakes I had made. So I scraped that off and replaced it with hard icing and as the day went on I just kept playing around with different shapes and finding different objects that would help create the cake, I brought some kids number stensils from Riot for 49 cents to create the 50's. I think I did well with the decorations and it really did look amazing on the day!


Lesson learned: some of the best creations happen organically, planning is not always necessary.


The cake for my mum everything is edible apart from the cupcake patties and the candel

Here is a cake my mum made for her sister’s wedding and I have to say it is the most magical and most inspirational cake I have ever seen. Oh! The best thing is that everything is edible apart from the extensions to the smaller cakes



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Amazing! I wish my mum can make cakes like that. You're very lucky :D

    ReplyDelete