Monday 26 March 2012

Bargain Hunter/Shop o Holic

That's right! I love to shop for an item of interest at a bargain price. I get a great kick out of knowing what I have saved on that particular item.
Here are my Bargain Tips, my secrets to saving money on the Items I want. 
beware of what I like to call the Cycle Clothing Chain...(the 3 C's applies to most stores) let me explain. 
There is an item that you really really want, you know that suites you but the price is out of your budget. Instead of buying it in the moment right there and then and probably being in a bit of debt afterwards, why not wait for awhile. Be patient, like everything patience is the key and it does pay off!
Now starts the clothing cycle the item finds itself at 25% off then 30% off then back to full price then repeats again and then to clearance then finally to 50% off and then drastically reduced to 75% off. I normally only purchase when the item hits the last markdown! these clothes are not "bin" clothing, rather the same item that was full price and you wanted to buy early on. Another example to save money, closer to the end of a season the stock will be reduced, purchase this reduced stock for next season as you will find that clothing repeats itself and these items will probably find them selves back at full price. If you want to play it safe and save money purchase items that are timeless or basic you can never go wrong with a Little black dress.
You might not necessarily wear each item but purchasing it at such a price you wont feel as guilty. 


I like to follow my own trend and not the trend of the person sitting next to me on the train. If  life has taught me anything it's important to identify yourself and be yourself. For example I love bright colourful clothing I'm not a fan of the beige or pale pallet of colours, they simply don't suite me. Buy things that suite not because your best friend is wearing them. I do not buy because of the brand name I buy because I like the piece or item. 


This is how I shop.  


department stores I get the best bargains from
Myer and Target

Myer at the moment has 75% off the already reduced prices on men’s board shorts
Brought my boyfriend four pairs for $6.25 normally $50.00 - If you are near the Melbourne city Myer it is located opposite side to the men’s shoes

75% off womens shoes in the Myer Melbourne city store you can pick up a pair of summer shoes for 10 dollars

75% off womens swim wear,  such brand as Cozi and also Misshop

and 75% off party dresses in the womens clothing section. Picked up some amazing dresses for 20 dollars and under

happy shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment